In 2017, Camilla, Prince Charles’ wife, turned 70 years old! Below are 10 interesting facts about her life.
1. The Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Rosemary Shand was born on July 17, 1947, in London. She was the first child of parents Major Bruce Shand and his wife, the Honourable Rosalind Shand.
In this picture, you can see four-year-old Camilla (left) with her little sister Annabelle.
2. Prince Charles, Camilla’s husband, who wa born in November, 1948, is 16 months younger than this wife.
3. Prince Charles and Camilla got married in 2005 in a humble civil ceremony. Even Queen Elizabeth, the Prince’s mother, didn’t pay much attention to it.
After the civil vows, the Prince and Duchess held a service of blessing at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. The royal family, including Queen Elizabeth, attended the ceremony.
4. ‘Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Chester, Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order’ is the full royal title of Camilla .
5. The Duchess is a big fan of British TV dance competition ‘Strictly Come Dancing’. Once she even visited the show!
In this picture, on February 14, 2017, the Duchess is dancing with Arthur Edwards at a Tea Party on her visit of Bristol, England.
6. Camilla supports her daughter-in-law Kate Middleton. The two royal wifes are said to be very close.
7. A new rose was named the Duchess of Cornwall in 2005 in honor of Camilla joining the royal family.
8. The Duchess likes reading, fishing, gardening, and taking country walks with her dogs.
In this picture, in February 2017, Camilla is with her puppy Beth in Old Windsor, England, during her visit to Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
9. Duchess Camilla is believed to be down-to-earth and is known for her excellent sense of humor.
10. Camilla likes to celebrate her birthday in the company of celebrities. In 2003, actors Vin Diesel and Benedict Cumberbatch congratulated on her birthday.
In this picture, Cumberbatch is chatting with Camilla’s brother-in-law Edward in garden at party at Buckingham Palace in 2013.
Hopefully, the Duchess is a nice granny for Prince George and Princess Charlotte!