Even the most experienced housewives have probably faced the problem of mildew smell. Unfortunately, sometimes fabric gets this gross smell that seems impossible to remove. Even if you change your towels regularly, wash them and dry naturally, or get a new washer, etc., you will still have to encounter this unpleasant smell once in a while.
If even a three-hour laundry with fabric softener does not help get rid of the nasty odor, you can use this trick to eliminate it for good.
You will need:
- 0.25 tbsp. of natural food vinegar;
- 0.25 tbsp. of baking soda;
- fabric softener.
What you should do:
1. Place your smelly towels in a washing machine (this method is not suitable for colored fabric).
2. Then add some soda and wash at a high temperature. After the washing cycle, leave the towels in there.
3. Add some vinegar to the load and a little fabric softener to the load and run the towels through the same wash cycle one more time.
4. Thoroughly dry the towels.It’s preferable to use a professional dryer as it dries towels very quickly. If you don’t have a dryer, let them dry naturally on a clothesline.
The authors of this method swear this method should work 9 times out of 10! If you still smell the odor, you need to repeat the process until you succeed.
By the way, you should make sure you keep your washing machine clean. Repairmen recommend that you pour 7 oz of citric acid into your washer twice a year, select a normal washing mode and a temperature of 90 degrees, and run the cycle. If you follow these tips, your washer will serve you long and will not ruin your clothes.
Share this article with your friends and help them eliminate this unpleasant issue once and for all.