Are you worried about the healthy development and growth of your children? Do you know if they are keeping a correct posture while standing or sitting? If not, you should be worried, because a poor posture can lead to several long term health problems.
Causes of poor posture in children
Bad posture is the result of several physical and environmental problems.
The main causes include:
- Weak abdominal and back muscles
- Central nervous system conditions
- Vision or hearing problems
- Problems with the musculoskeletal system
We leave you with some tips to help correct your children’s posture:
1. To help your child learn good posture, make them sit on an exercise ball while watching TV or playing on the computer. The ball strengthens the back muscles and improves spinal column stability.
2. When your child is using the computer or doing homework at their desk, make sure they’re using a correctly-sized chair with the right alignment. They should be able to rest their neck and shoulders firmly against the back of the chair while they work without difficulty. Placing the chair at the same height as the work surface is necessary for your child’s health. Make sure to position the chair at elbow height. Positioning the table at shoulder height will make it hard for them to write or draw.
3. When your child reaches school age, check the weight of their backpack. Don’t allow them to carry it over one shoulder. Whenever they’re carrying a lot of weight, it should be equally distributed across both shoulders to reduce stress.
4. Make sure the chair they use while watching TV or studying is well designed and adjusts to their size. They should be able to comfortably sit while keeping their arms, neck and shoulders relaxed.
With the right precautions, you’ll control and help improve your children’s posture. Having a good posture can keep the spine healthy, free of stress or pain.
Source: Mom Junction
It’s important to state that all of the information contained in Wikr is designed to be exclusively INFORMATIVE, and at no time should it be considered professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek medical advice. Don’t ignore or delay seeking medical advice because of anything you have read on this site.
Have you see that?
We like that posts.