Store-bought jewelry cleaners are not always the best for your precious pieces. Oftentimes, these cleaners are made with very harsh chemicals that end up dulling your pieces of jewelry over time. So if you want your precious ornaments to stay bright and sparkly for longer, then you need to learn how to clean them the right way. Also, you can follow these recommendations to keep your jewelry with a perfect look.
With this easy-to-prepare solution made from accessible ingredients you can find anywhere, you can maintain that shine on your baubles for as long as possible.
So, let’s get started. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this jewelry cleaning solution recipe:
- Aluminium foil.
- Baking soda (1 tablespoon).
- Salt (1 tablespoon).
- Dishwashing liquid (1 tablespoon).
- Warm water (1 cup).
Got all the tools you need? Now grab your bowl and let’s begin:
- place the foil in the bottom of the bowl;
- add the warm water;
- add the rest of the ingredients;
- mix until everything is well combined;
- put your jewelry in the mixture and leave to soak for 10–15 minutes;
- gently use the toothbrush to remove the stains and grime until your pieces are completely clean;
- place your jewelry in a bowl of clean, cool water to rinse off;
- bring them out and lay them on a cloth. Make sure they are placed in an airy environment so they can dry off.
Pretty easy, right? And we bet you already have most, if not all of these ingredients in your pantry already. Give it a try as soon as possible and don’t forget to share.